Problem with copying a to from date to another cell

  1. #1
    cwwolfdog
    Guest

    Problem with copying a to from date to another cell

    I am trying to enter the first 7 days of the year in one cell.
    ie: A1 -> 1/2/05 to 1/8/05
    And then I want to drag that down to 53 cells and have it copy in the
    following format.
    ie: A2 -> 1/9/05 to 1/15/05
    A3 -> 1/16/05 to 1/22/05
    etc...
    Is this possible?

  2. #2
    CLR
    Guest

    Re: Problem with copying a to from date to another cell

    I would do it by using two separate columns, typing in the two top row
    dates, the highlight the area you wish to fill, then Edit > Fill > Series >
    Trend..........then when you have the two columns of dates, use a third
    helper column with this formula copied down......

    =TEXT(A1,"mm/dd/yy")&" to "&TEXT(B1,"mm/dd/yy")

    then Copy > PasteSpecial > Values the column and delete the
    others...........
    It may be the long way around, but it works..........

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    cwwolfdog
    Guest

    Re: Problem with copying a to from date to another cell

    I tried it but did not get it to work. I am sure that I am doing something
    wrong.

    I have A1 with 1/2/05 and B1 as 1/8/05
    I then did the fill series down which filled in the A column with 1/3 1/4
    1/5 and so on and the same thing for the B column.
    I entered your formula into the third column and came back with 1/3/05 to
    1/9/05
    then 1/4/05 to 1/10/05.

    Can you tell where I went wrong.

    thanks

  4. #4
    cwwolfdog
    Guest

    Re: Problem with copying a to from date to another cell

    I figured it out

    thanks a lot for the idea

  5. #5
    CLR
    Guest

    Re: Problem with copying a to from date to another cell

    Glad to hear you got it working...........thanks for the feedback......