How do I recover the older version when saved

  1. #1
    inma
    Guest

    How do I recover the older version when saved

    After opening a file, and modifying it (deleted some tabs) I intended to save
    the worksheet under another name. I accidently pressed CTRL-S instead. As a
    consequence I lost my previous version.
    Is there a way to retrieve that previous version ?

  2. #2
    Harald Staff
    Guest

    Re: How do I recover the older version when saved

    No, sorry. Unless it resided on a server that some engineer backups every
    night. Buy him a nice bottle if so.

    HTH. Best wishes Harald

    "inma" <[email protected]> skrev i melding
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: How do I recover the older version when saved

    Not if you don't have a backup copy.

    RP

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Forum Contributor
    England
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2007
    Hi!

    We've all (I suspect) been bitten at least once. It's too easy to do the reflex action to save, whether via the icon or ctrl-s. I sometimes wonder why it has been made so easy to spoil one's day.

    My own defence is a discipline which says: as soon as I load a document, I save it under another name. No doubt there are others.

    Alf