Time formats in Excel 2003

  1. #1
    Stephen Glynn
    Guest

    Time formats in Excel 2003

    Being in the UK, I obviously want to use the English(UK) date format, so
    Christmas Day is 25/12/05 rather than 12/25/05. However, this defaults
    the time format to hh/mm/ss (why, I do not know, since I can assure
    American readers we're not normally that precise), so I have to reset it
    English(US) to get hh/mm, which resets the default date format to
    mm/dd/yy, so I have to change it back the next time I want to format a
    cell as a date.

    Any way round this? It's only a minor problem but it's irritating me.

    Steve

  2. #2
    Earl Kiosterud
    Guest

    Re: Time formats in Excel 2003

    Stephen,

    If you set up your own custom format with hh/mm, it will store it there, for
    (somewhat) quick retrieval in the Custom box. Another workaround would be
    to record a macro that formats the selection with your desired date/time
    format, and activate it with your own toolbar button or keyboard shortcut.

    --
    Earl Kiosterud

    news:[email protected]...