putting date and time together in 1 cell

  1. #1
    Robbie
    Guest

    putting date and time together in 1 cell

    Hi I need to convert New Zealand time to UK time, the time
    is displayed in two parts
    A B
    date time
    dd/mm/yy hh:mm:ss

    How do i get cell A and cell B into one cell with the
    format dd/mm/yy hh:mm:ss and then I can just minus 13
    hours.

    any ideas please.

  2. #2
    Forum Expert swatsp0p's Avatar
    Kentucky, USA
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2010
    Posts
    1,545
    Assuming the date is in A5 and the time is in B5, in C5 (formatted as dd/mm/yy hh:mm:ss) enter:

    =A5+B5-(13/24). This will subtract 13 hours from the time.

    HTH
    Bruce
    The older I get, the better I used to be.
    USA

  3. #3
    Jason Morin
    Guest

    Re: putting date and time together in 1 cell

    =SUM(A2,B2,-13/24)

    and format the cell as dd/mm/yy hh:mm:ss.

    HTH
    Jason
    Atlanta, GA

  4. #4
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: putting date and time together in 1 cell

    try
    =text(now(),"dd/mm/yy hh:mm:ss")

    --
    Don Guillett