Auto start up with non-xls files

  1. #1
    MarkAurit
    Guest

    Auto start up with non-xls files

    When I load Excel (either from Start of double clicking on an xls), Excel
    starts up and loads a number of things automatically; some database scripts,
    exchange files, and one of two others (none are .xls). My guess is that all
    these files (and perhaps Excel) were open at a time when I had to boot the
    computer, and something is now telling Excel that these files need to be
    automatically loaded.
    Is there someway I can tell not to load these?
    Thanks, Mark

  2. #2
    Lady Layla
    Guest

    Re: Auto start up with non-xls files

    If you have Excel open Go to Tools | Options | General | In the bottom half of
    the tab open there will be a line that says "At startup, open all files in" and
    then a box to the right. Make sure this box is empty. If it is, then close
    this, go to my computer and manuever to your XLStart folder. See what is there
    and delete all the non excel files

    news:[email protected]...