can't extend a date series

  1. #1
    Easydoesit
    Guest

    can't extend a date series

    I am unable to get Excel to recognize or extend a series of dates. I
    formatted the column as dates (2/23/2005 format), but all the extension does
    is to copy the first date in the list into all the subsequent cells.

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: can't extend a date series

    Easy

    Excel is treating that date entry as text.

    Enter the first date as 23/2/2005 then drag/copy down.

    Now format the column to Custom mm/dd/yyyy

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP