Prompting to allow External Query Data Refresh

  1. #1
    Tim Baker
    Guest

    Prompting to allow External Query Data Refresh

    I have several workbooks with queries to external data and a while back I
    ticked the 'Enable automatic query refresh for all work book and do not show
    this warning again' box on the window which used to pop up to comfirm Query
    Refresh. I now wish to disable this again so that it always prompts first.
    Does anyone know how I do this ?

  2. #2
    Jim Rech
    Guest

    Re: Prompting to allow External Query Data Refresh

    How about "Edit Query" or "Data Range Properties" under Data, Import
    External Data? Btw, always mention your Excel version.

    --
    Jim Rech
    Excel MVP
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Tim Baker
    Guest

    Re: Prompting to allow External Query Data Refresh

    Sorry I'm using Excel 2000. This enabling of external data refresh is
    general to my excel not the specific workbook or Data range. On my home PC
    working with the same workbooks I still get prompted so I know it's something
    to do with the core excel not the workbooks. It's the sort of option I
    expected to find under Tools,Options in excel but I can't find anything
    there. I want to be prompted again so that I can make a decision on an
    individual workbook basis since I sometimes want to temporarily keep the
    loaded data but don't want to have to edit every data range property to stop
    the refresh on open.

    Tim Baker

  4. #4
    Tim Baker
    Guest

    RE: Prompting to allow External Query Data Refresh

    Found my own answer, requires changing the registry.