Question about link

  1. #1
    Excel heavy user
    Guest

    Question about link

    I have a file shows "The workbook you opened contains automatic links to
    information in antoher workbook" every time I open it. Is there a easy way to
    check out which cell is link to other file?

    Thanks.

    Jason

  2. #2
    Kevin H. Stecyk
    Guest

    Re: Question about link

    Excel heavy user...
    >I have a file shows "The workbook you opened contains automatic links to
    > information in antoher workbook" every time I open it. Is there a easy way
    > check out which cell is link to other file?
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Jason

    From Gord in another post....

    ======
    Download Bill Manville's FINDLINK.XLA from Stephen Bullen's site.
    http://www.oaltd.co.uk/Default.htm

    With this add-in you can find and delete links if any exist.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP
    =======

    Hope that helps.

    Kevin

  3. #3
    Treesy
    Guest

    RE: Question about link

    You should be able go to Edit | Links to view what file(s) the workbook is
    linking to. Then you can do a "Find" for that filename or part of the
    filename to locate the cell that is linking to that file.

    Good luck!

  4. #4
    Jason
    Guest