Copy and paste from Vertical to Horizontal

  1. #1
    mardskee
    Guest

    Copy and paste from Vertical to Horizontal

    Does anyone know how to copy a vertical column from excel and paste it into
    a horizontal row? I have a sheet with column A 1-256 filled in and I want to
    copy and paste it into a new sheet using row 1 A-ZZ etc. Can this be done?

  2. #2
    Barb Reinhardt
    Guest

    Re: Copy and paste from Vertical to Horizontal

    Copy the cells that you want to transpose.
    Go to the location where you want to paste them.
    Edit -> Paste Special -> Transpose

    news:%[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Bill Kuunders
    Guest

    Re: Copy and paste from Vertical to Horizontal

    use copy,edit, paste special and tick "transpose"
    Regards
    Bill K

  4. #4
    mardskee
    Guest

    Re: Copy and paste from Vertical to Horizontal

    Barb, it worked

    Thanks

    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    madrid
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2010

    Re: Copy and paste from Vertical to Horizontal

    I used to know how to do this. But in excel 2010 i donīt get the same menu. How can I find the transpose option of PASTE?

    thank you!

  6. #6
    Canada
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2007

    Re: Copy and paste from Vertical to Horizontal

    It worked for me as well - and the cells I was transposing had formulas in them. For it to work, the steps I performed:

    -Copy
    -Paste Special
    -click on Values, then
    -click Transpose