How to Create an Excel Macro to send a meeting request.

  1. #1
    DM HD
    Guest

    How to Create an Excel Macro to send a meeting request.

    I want to try and setup a Macro to send meeting requests to my teams
    calendar. What we do is use it to book are equipment setups.

    Right now we copy and past the requests in to meeting request to an outlook
    calendar and send them to ourselfs. This way we see who is working on what.

    What i want to do is put basic information in to an excel form.

    The form is going to have the following.

    Who the request is for.
    Who is assigned to the request.
    The date and time needed.
    The date and time returnd.
    Type of equipment request.
    Ticket number from our call logging system.
    Where the equipment is needed.

    The macro would need to send a meeting request with the above information in
    the Subject line.

    It would be in this formate. "Equipment Laptop 1 for John smith (Assigned to
    Mark) Call number 173829" The date and time needed would set the time needed.
    So if John smith needed laptop 1 at 9am we would sent the meeting request for
    the time 9am to 9:30am. We would also set the reminder to be 30min.

    Also we set a second meeting request to as and all day event for the return
    date. Just so that we all now that we have to get the laptop back on this
    day.

    If you have any suggestions on how i can set this up would be great.

  2. #2
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: How to Create an Excel Macro to send a meeting request.

    Go here
    http://www.rondebruin.nl/

    --
    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    DM HD
    Guest

    Re: How to Create an Excel Macro to send a meeting request.

    The site has mail options but no info on calender.

    However i did find this on the Help menu on Excel.

    Set myItem = myOlApp.CreateItem(olAppointmentItem)
    myItem.MeetingStatus = olMeeting
    myItem.Subject = "Strategy Meeting"
    myItem.Location = "Conference Room B"
    myItem.Start = #9/24/97 1:30:00 PM#
    myItem.Duration = 90
    Set myRequiredAttendee = myItem.Recipients.Add("Nate _
    Sun")
    myRequiredAttendee.Type = olRequired
    Set myOptionalAttendee = myItem.Recipients.Add("Kevin _
    Kennedy")
    myOptionalAttendee.Type = olOptional
    Set myResourceAttendee = _
    myItem.Recipients.Add("Conference Room B")
    myResourceAttendee.Type = olResource
    myItem.Send

    However i am getting run time error when i try to use it.

    Also I do not know how to set the following to pull infomation from cells in
    the work sheet.

    myItem.Subject = "Strategy Meeting"
    myItem.Location = "Conference Room B"
    myItem.Start = #9/24/97 1:30:00 PM#

    And i needed to set the following but i do not know if it will work.

    apti.ReminderSet = True
    apti.ReminderMinutesBeforeStart = 60