How do you convert numbers as "text" to values for a long column .

  1. #1
    geoexcel
    Guest

    How do you convert numbers as "text" to values for a long column .

    I need to convert numbers as text to values that can be added for a long
    column of entries. HELP

  2. #2
    Max
    Guest

    Re: How do you convert numbers as "text" to values for a long column .

    One quick way ..

    Select the entire col, say col A
    Click Data > Text to columns
    Click Finish
    --
    Rgds
    Max
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Earl Kiosterud
    Guest

    Re: How do you convert numbers as "text" to values for a long column .

    =SUM(A2:A65536+0)
    If there are any non-number text cells in the range, they'll confound this
    formula.
    --
    Earl Kiosterud