Exchange row and columns

  1. #1
    Donald Jacobs
    Guest

    Exchange row and columns

    How do I transpose or change the rows and columns in a spread sheet. I
    want all the columns to become rows and rows to become columns. I tried
    transpose but nothing happened.

    Don Jacobs

  2. #2
    JulieD
    Guest

    Re: Exchange row and columns

    Hi Don

    there's the transpose function and the edit / paste special / transpose
    option - so i'm not sure which one didn't work for you, however, one thing
    about the transpose function is that it is an array function - which means
    that it needs to be entered with control & shift & enter not just enter.

    with the edit/ paste special - transpose functionality, you need to COPY
    your data, not CUT it.

    in addition, i'm sure you're aware that you can't exceed the limit of 256
    columns in a worksheet by using transpose.

    Hope this helps
    Cheers
    JulieD

    news:%[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Donald Jacobs
    Guest

    Re: Exchange row and columns

    Thanks for the information. I tried the copy, paste special, transpose
    and it did the job. I'm going to try the ctrl shift enter to see if it
    does the job as well.

    Really appreciate you time.
    Don Jacobs

  4. #4
    JulieD
    Guest

    Re: Exchange row and columns

    Hi Don

    you're welcome and thanks for the feedback.