create calculated field in pivot table

  1. #1
    kkerig
    Guest

    create calculated field in pivot table

    In xls2003 I have a pivot table that shows years, quarters and months of
    data. I want to get a difference from year 2004 month of March, to year 2005
    month of March. For each month or quarter or year.

    I imagine it's easy but cannot figure it out.

    TIA,
    Rogers

  2. #2
    Forum Expert
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,256
    Try this:
    Click on the Pivottable.
    Goto the menu and select Insert>Calculated Field...

    HTH
    Ola Sandström

    Links:
    http://www.exceltip.com/st/PivotTabl...Field/746.html

  3. #3
    Kkerig
    Guest

    Re: create calculated field in pivot table

    Perhaps I did not explain my question very well. I am able to create a
    basic calculated field. What I am looking for is the syntax on how to create
    calculated field for a difference in a data field that has multiple years,
    quarter, months. For example the difference between year 2004 March detail
    to 2005 March detail.

    These are not basic fields. The dates have been grouped, so I don't know
    what the correct formula would be.

    Thanks,
    Rogers