Can I create a new worksheet in excel with preset formating?

  1. #1
    pertimesco
    Guest

    Can I create a new worksheet in excel with preset formating?

    I want columns N and V to be set to text instead of general. Any ideas how
    to do this when making a new worksheet?

    Thanks in advance for the help, Ted

  2. #2
    Springbok
    Guest

    RE: Can I create a new worksheet in excel with preset formating?

    Hi Ted,

    Create a template with the formats as you want them. This done by saving
    the file as .xlt instead of .xls. This allows you to use the same template
    consistently with all your models.

    Cheers,
    Jon

  3. #3
    Don S
    Guest

    Re: Can I create a new worksheet in excel with preset formating?

    If you do this often, you can format a blank worksheet in your
    workbook the way you want and use it as a template. Whenever you need
    a new worksheet, copy your formatted one.

    Don S