Can I change a column of dates from USA to UK format?

  1. #1
    Michelle, Mencap
    Guest

    Can I change a column of dates from USA to UK format?

    Using Excel 2000. Imported data from TAS, an accounts package. The data is
    imported in csv format in Excel. The dates in the dd/mm/yy format have been
    recognised as UK, but the dates picked up as dd/mm/yyyy are all in USA
    format, i.e. mm/dd/yyyy, despite all being entered in TAS as dd/mm/yy.
    Without going through the whole column's transactions individually & changing
    the USA ones, is there a way to do this with all the USA dates?

  2. #2

    Re: Can I change a column of dates from USA to UK format?

    I don't use TAS, but if it creates a text file, you could do your import and
    specify the each field the way you want.

    If TAS dumps out a .csv file, you can rename it to .txt and you'll see the
    data|text to columns wizard.

  3. #3
    Michelle, Mencap
    Guest

    RE: Can I change a column of dates from USA to UK format?

    Thanks for replying. TAS produces .csv files. I saved the file as .csv,
    closed it. On re-opening I right-clicked to rename it & it brought up the
    wizard. Followed this, putting in column breaks. After doing this once,
    didn't need to use it again, as each .csv file on re-opening, dates were
    automatically altered to UK formats. Then just converted the file to .xls!
    Thanks for your help!

  4. #4

    Re: Can I change a column of dates from USA to UK format?

    I find it simpler/safer to just rename the file to .txt, but glad it worked for
    you.