Faxing from Excel 2003

  1. #1
    Aidan
    Guest

    Faxing from Excel 2003

    When I FAX using Microsoft FAX in Windows XP, only one sheet of the
    spreadsheet goes to FAX. There are 3 sheets in the workbook but only the
    first one goes to the FAX. What can I do to FAX all 3 sheets at once? There
    are exceptions, but we cannot find the difference between those that send
    all 3 sheets and those that send only the first sheet. We FAX Excel
    spreadsheets to hundreds of customers. Thanks for your help - Aidan

  2. #2
    Opinicus
    Guest

    Re: Faxing from Excel 2003

    "Aidan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > When I FAX using Microsoft FAX in Windows XP, only one
    > sheet of the
    > spreadsheet goes to FAX. There are 3 sheets in the
    > workbook but only the
    > first one goes to the FAX. What can I do to FAX all 3
    > sheets at once? There
    > are exceptions, but we cannot find the difference between
    > those that send
    > all 3 sheets and those that send only the first sheet. We
    > FAX Excel
    > spreadsheets to hundreds of customers. Thanks for your
    > help - Aidan

    I've encountered this behavior myself. In the print dialogue
    (control-P) be sure to tick "Entire workbook" in "Print
    what" at the lower left. (I wish there were some way to make
    this the default.) Even if this option is selected however,
    I think I've had cases of Excel not faxing all the sheets in
    the workbook too.

    --
    Bob

    Kanyak's Doghouse
    http://www.kanyak.com

  3. #3
    Earl Kiosterud
    Guest

    Re: Faxing from Excel 2003

    Aidan,

    You're using File - Print, and selecting the fax printer, I presume. Down
    lower in the Pring dialog, select "Entire workbook." Or you can have
    selected the worksheets you want to fax, then use "Active sheet(s)." I've
    not used the Microsoft fax printer, but I think it works that way with the
    fax software I've used.

    --
    Earl Kiosterud

  4. #4
    Aidan
    Guest

    Re: Faxing from Excel 2003

    Bob and Earl - My thanks to both of you for your help! I must have something
    misconfigured because I select the entire workbook and some documents FAX in
    their entirety and some don't. Thanks again - Aidan

    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    Earl Kiosterud
    Guest

    Re: Faxing from Excel 2003

    Aidan,

    One possibility is a Print Range set up (File - Page setup - Sheet tab). If
    there's anything there, it will print only what's indicated on that sheet.

    See if the documents that won't fax in their entirety will print preview in
    their entirety. That'll rule out an Excel setting.

    --
    Earl Kiosterud