auto filter

  1. #1
    xlDummy
    Guest

    auto filter

    I have been using Find & Replace for years in a filtered worksheet and it
    only updated the visible rows only.

    But today, it has updated all rows; ie includes those rows which are hidden.
    This has never happened before.

    I have looked in options for any flags to be set but then again the defult
    settings has not been changed since the last successful use of this
    functionality.

    Any hint or help.

    Cheers

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: auto filter

    You sure the rows are not visible due to a filter?

    If they are then only visible cells should change.

    If the rows are actually hidden manually, they will change.

    A work-around for the second case is to F5>Special>Visible cells only and run
    your replace on those.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP