I Visual Basic Error "File Not Found" when Excel opens

  1. #1
    Brent E
    Guest

    I Visual Basic Error "File Not Found" when Excel opens

    Good afternoon. I am using XP Pro at work and My computer just started doing
    this. when I open Excel, I get a message pop up that says in title "Visual
    Basic Error" and in body of error window is "File Not Found". If I click on
    help, says something about error 53 but when I try to look that up on
    Microsoft's website, can't find what seems to apply to my issue. And now when
    I go into my personal.xls to view my macros, I can get in, but if I try to
    save anything, I get a window pop up saying Excel must be shut down, and then
    a window pops up asking me if I want to report an error. What could be going
    on? Thanks.

  2. #2
    Jim Cone
    Guest

    Re: I Visual Basic Error "File Not Found" when Excel opens

    For what it's worth...
    In "Trappable Errors" in VBA help, error 53 is explained as...

    The file was not found where specified. This error has the following causes and solutions:
    · A statement, for example, Kill, Name, or Open, refers to a file that doesn't exist.
    Check the spelling of the file name and the path specification.
    · An attempt has been made to call a procedure in a dynamic-link library (DLL),
    but the library file name specified in the Lib clause of the Declare statement can't be found.
    Check the spelling of the file name and the path specification.
    · In the development environment, this error occurs if you attempt to open a project or load a text file that doesn't exist.
    Check the spelling of the project name or file name and the path specification.

    Jim Cone
    San Francisco, USA

    news:[email protected]...