How can I access a SAS systems file and save it in Excel

  1. #1
    pmw101
    Guest

    How can I access a SAS systems file and save it in Excel

    I have a SAS systems file (labelled and formatted data) I no longer have
    access to SAS, but would still like to access and save the data using Excel.
    Any hints?

  2. #2
    Jerry W. Lewis
    Guest

    Re: How can I access a SAS systems file and save it in Excel

    JMP and S-PLUS both will read SAS datasets. I don't think that R has
    that functionality yet. I understand that SAS offers a data viewer, but
    I don't know if you can copy and paste from it.

    Jerry

  3. #3
    Jerry W. Lewis
    Guest

    Re: How can I access a SAS systems file and save it in Excel

    Here is a link to download the SAS viewer
    http://www.sas.com/apps/demosdownloa...ckageID=000176
    Some threads in SAS newsgroups suggest that you may be able to
    copy/paste from it.

    Jerry