HOW CAN I CONVERT NUMBERS INTO TEXT IN A PARTICULAR CELL.

  1. #1
    Jaya
    Guest

    HOW CAN I CONVERT NUMBERS INTO TEXT IN A PARTICULAR CELL.

    IS THERE ANY FUNCTION IN EXCEL, WHICH CONVERT TO NUMBER INTO TEXT. IN A
    PARTICULAR CELL. FOR EXAMPLE NUMBER 100 INTO "ONE HUNDRED"

  2. #2
    Forum Expert dominicb's Avatar
    Lancashire, England
    MS-Off Ver
    MS Office 2000, 2003, 2007 & 2016 365
    Posts
    4,867

    Smile

    Good morning Jaya

    There isn't a built in Excel formula for it, but Microsoft have provided a function to do it. You can download it from here.

    http://www.barasch.com/excel/cCo11432.htm

    HTH

    DominicB

  3. #3
    Andy Brown
    Guest

    Re: HOW CAN I CONVERT NUMBERS INTO TEXT IN A PARTICULAR CELL.

    "Jaya" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > IS THERE ANY FUNCTION IN EXCEL, WHICH CONVERT TO NUMBER INTO TEXT. IN A
    > PARTICULAR CELL. FOR EXAMPLE NUMBER 100 INTO "ONE HUNDRED"

    There's no built-in function AFAIK. Try the custom function @

    Rgds,
    Andy

  4. #4
    Forum Contributor
    If the English UK Pounds, Pence are required rather than Dollars and Cents, then both the examples posted by Andy and dominicb, will need to be changed. Copy the code and paste into Notebook. Use Find and Replace: Dollars in Find and Pounds in Replace, Replace All. Also do Dollar and Cent (singular) replacing with Pound and Pence. Then, after a visual check, select all and Copy and Paste the code into a Macro.