dynamic offset

  1. #1

    dynamic offset

    In the old 2020 spreadsheet, you could reference offset cells by entering
    something like *+5.*-2 (which means 5 rows over and 2 rows down from the
    current cell location) I've gone through all the help and questions I could
    find, and the offset function is not what I'm really looking for.

    Does excel have a function similar to above?

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: dynamic offset

    =INDIRECT(ADDRESS(ROW()+2,COLUMN()+5))

    if you meant 2 rows down and 5 columns across
    will return what is in that cell
    if you just want the address

    =ADDRESS(ROW()+2,COLUMN()+5)

    Peo Sjoblom

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3

    Re: dynamic offset

    Excellent! Thank you, but a followup:

    How would you write it in a macro? as in
    " goto INDIRECT(ADDRESS(ROW()+2,COLUMN()+5)) " ?

  4. #4

    Re: dynamic offset

    Dim myCell as range

    set myCell = activesheet.range("c9") 'for instance

    mycell.offset(2,5).select

    (maybe????)