Repeating a sequence of numbers down a column

  1. #1
    Nexan
    Guest

    Repeating a sequence of numbers down a column

    Is there any way to fill down a column with a repeating sequence of numbers?
    In other words, instead of 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6..., I want the column to fill
    down with 1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3...

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: Repeating a sequence of numbers down a column

    Put 1 , 2 3 in the first 3 cells, select them. right click and drag copy
    down,
    upon releasing the right mouse button you'll get an option of copy cells,
    select it

    Peo Sjoblom

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Ron Swinehart
    Guest

    RE: Repeating a sequence of numbers down a column

    Enter 1 at the top (A1 or whatever)
    In A2, enter =MOD(A1,3)+1
    Copy A2