transfer 'auto-correct list to newer computer

  1. #1
    whsaw2
    Guest

    transfer 'auto-correct list to newer computer

    I bouht a new computer and want to use my auto correct words in excel.
    How do I transfer these words or the list?

  2. #2

    Re: transfer 'auto-correct list to newer computer

    I like to do it this way.

    Old pc.
    Open excel.
    Make a minor change to the autocorrection list.
    close excel.
    search for *.acl and copy the one with the latest date.

    New pc.
    Open excel.
    Make a minor change to the autocorrection list.
    close excel.
    search for *.acl.
    Make note of the path/filename for that latest version of *.acl.

    Put the old pc's *.acl in that folder under that name.

    Then back to both pc's and clean up that minor change.