Metric to imperial measurements

  1. #1
    Gill.star
    Guest

    Metric to imperial measurements

    Could someone tell me how to change my default measurements from metric to
    imperial in Excel 2003? I can't work in centimetres!
    --
    Gill

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Metric to imperial measurements

    Look at the CONVERT function in Help.

    RP

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Gill.star
    Guest

    Re: Metric to imperial measurements

    I already looked at Convert. This doesn't actually change the defaults. I
    want my margin settings, for instance, to be in inches rather than cm.

    Thanks for your reply though.

    Gill

  4. #4
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Metric to imperial measurements

    Gill

    This is a Windows OS setting, not an Excel setting.

    You would go to Windows Control Panel>Regional and Language
    Options>Regional Options tab>Customize and set the "measurement system" to
    Metric.

    This option will affect all programs.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

  5. #5
    Gill.star
    Guest

    Re: Metric to imperial measurements

    Thanks. This only gives me the option of "Metric" or "US" - not sure which is
    the lesser of the two evils! I rather hoped that Excel would have a setting
    like Word has, where you can change the default just for that program. It
    seems it hasn't. Thanks anyway.

    Gill

  6. #6
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Metric to imperial measurements

    Gill

    Sorry, should have read set to "inches".

    U.S. settings are inches.

    Isn't that what you wanted?

    Gord

  7. #7
    Gill.star
    Guest

    Re: Metric to imperial measurements

    Yes, inches is what I want, but won't I get the other US settings as well,
    such as letter paper size rather than A4?

    Gill

  8. #8
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Metric to imperial measurements

    I'm set for U.S. measurement but I still have the A4 size option in the "Paper
    Size" dialog box, along with a dozen or more others.

    Gord