Transferring data IN VBA between workbooks

  1. #1

    Transferring data IN VBA between workbooks

    I need to transfer a range of cells for
    every row one by one from one file File1.xls
    to a second file File2.xls from
    within a VBA program.

    I had it running where it coded a cut and paste
    but the program runs for 3 hours and
    If I tried to do anything else where I
    cut and paste I would get data from my running program
    when I tried to paste.

    Is there any way I can do this other than cut and paste ?

    Dennis

  2. #2

    Re: Transferring data IN VBA between workbooks "Answering my own question

    I foud out what I was doing wrong
    I had this
    Range("A1") = Range("A1:P1")
    which will work in a single workbook