How do I stop Excel from changing numbers into a date?

  1. #1
    Buckwildbill
    Guest

    How do I stop Excel from changing numbers into a date?

    I would like to type in 1-3 but it keeps getting turned into 3-Jan. I have
    turned off every option in excel that I can find but it still keeps happening.

  2. #2
    Nick Hodge
    Guest

    Re: How do I stop Excel from changing numbers into a date?

    Pre-format the cells as text or pre-fix entry with a single apostrophe. (It
    will not show but will stop the conversion)

    Nick Hodge
    Microsoft MVP - Excel
    Southampton, England
    [email protected]HIS