Viewing Conditional formatting and/or Validation

  1. #1
    Juran54
    Guest

    Viewing Conditional formatting and/or Validation

    Hi,

    If I press "Ctrl+~" I can see all the formulas on my excell.

    Is there any way that I can see all the conditional
    formatting and/or the validation at once?

    Thank you.

    Rubem

  2. #2
    Max
    Guest

    Re: Viewing Conditional formatting and/or Validation

    Press F5 > Special > Conditional formats (or Data validation) > OK

    (there's a lot of other useful options available
    in the Go To Special dialog <g>)
    --
    Rgds
    Max
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Juran54
    Guest

    Re: Viewing Conditional formatting and/or Validation

    Max,

    Thank you.

    What I meant was, that I would like to see is what I wrote
    in the conditional and/or validation.

    Juran

  4. #4
    Max
    Guest

    Re: Viewing Conditional formatting and/or Validation

    "Juran54" <[email protected]> wrote
    > What I meant was, that I would like to see is what I wrote
    > in the conditional and/or validation.

    Ok, think there's a Sub DataValDocumenter()
    and a sample file at Debra's page:

    Document a Worksheet's Data Validation

    which would prove useful for DV

    But I couldn't find something equivalent for Conditional Formatting, like a
    "Sub CondFormatDocumenter()", despite some honest hard efforts trawling the
    vast google archives ..

    Hang around awhile for better insights from others ..
    --
    Rgds
    Max

  5. #5
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Viewing Conditional formatting and/or Validation

    I created a page with similar code for Conditional Formatting
    documentation. It lists the conditions, font colour, and fill colour.
    You could modify the code to list other formats.

    http://www.contextures.com/xlCondFormat04.html

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

  6. #6
    Max
    Guest

    Re: Viewing Conditional formatting and/or Validation

    Thanks Debra !
    Fresh from the oven .. <g>
    --
    Rgds
    Max

  7. #7
    Max
    Guest

    Re: Viewing Conditional formatting and/or Validation

    Debra, just thought it would be useful* to have a similar instructions
    textbox in this (CondFormatDoc.xls) sample file, as was done for
    DataValDocumenter.xls.

    *Especially the part on where the text file (Test.txt) would be created
    (I had a tough time <g> wondering where this text file went to, when I ran
    the sub ..)
    --
    Rgds
    Max

  8. #8
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Viewing Conditional formatting and/or Validation

    Good point. <g> Thanks for the suggestion -- I've added the text box
    with instructions.

  9. #9
    Max
    Guest

    Re: Viewing Conditional formatting and/or Validation

    You're welcome !
    (I did a subtle re-check .. <g>)
    --
    Rgds
    Max

  10. #10
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Viewing Conditional formatting and/or Validation

    Good -- I wouldn't trust me either. <g>

    If you notice anything in the code that should be changed, please let me
    know.

  11. #11
    Max
    Guest

    Re: Viewing Conditional formatting and/or Validation

    "Debra Dalgleish" <[email protected]> wrote
    > Good -- I wouldn't trust me either. <g>
    >
    > If you notice anything in the code that should be changed, please let me
    > know.

    Sure .. Cheers.
    --
    Rgds
    Max

  12. #12
    Juran54
    Guest

    Re: Viewing Conditional formatting and/or Validation

    Debra and Max,

    Thank you for you suggestion. I will try it. I did not
    know that by simple question will open for a high level
    discussion which unfortunately I cannot participate.

    Juran

  13. #13
    Max
    Guest

    Re: Viewing Conditional formatting and/or Validation

    "Juran54" <[email protected]> wrote
    > Debra and Max,
    > Thank you for you suggestion. I will try it.

    You're welcome !

    > I did not know that by simple question will open for a high
    > level discussion which unfortunately I cannot participate.

    Why not? It's also thanks to you for this post which precipitated
    the development of the cond format documenter subroutine
    by Debra for the benefit of all <g> Cheers.
    --
    Rgds
    Max