Help with Macro please!

  1. #1
    Rob Gould
    Guest

    Help with Macro please!

    Hi all,

    I am trying to get a macro to work in Excel. Basically, this is what I
    want it to do:

    A user will enter a date into a cell, say A1 on Sheet 1. They then
    enter some sales figures in cells below this. These figures are picked
    up on Sheet 2 in Row 1 so that they are all in a row. Below this row I
    have all the days of the year. Once the user has finished entering the
    figures, the macro needs to copy the row of data on Sheet 2 and paste
    Values Only to the row corresponding to the date entered. This way, I
    am building up a year of data. I don't want users entering data
    directly onto Sheet 2.

    Doing this manually, I copy the date entered on Sheet 1, go to Sheet 2,
    CTRL+F to Find, paste the date into the find what box, find the cell
    with the date, close the find box, move 1 cell to the right and enter
    "qq" (could be anything really). Then I copy the row of data in
    row A of Sheet 2, Find "qq" and paste values only.

    When I incorporate this into a macro, however, it stops during the find
    the date section of the process.

    Question 1: Is there a far better way of doing this?
    Question 2: If not, how do I solve the problem?

    This looks pretty confusing, I'm sure, but if you have the time to
    try to follow it, I would appreciate the help!

    Regards,

    Rob

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Help with Macro please!

    Rob,

    Give this a try. It assumes that the dates are in A2, A3, etc,. so
    calculates the row number based upon this.

    Sub Test()
    Dim cLastRow As Long
    Dim cLastCol As Long
    Dim thisDate As Date
    Dim i As Long

    cLastRow = Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row
    For i = 2 To cLastRow
    Worksheets("Sheet2").Cells(1, i - 1).Value = _
    Cells(i, "A").Value
    Next i
    thisDate = Range("A1").Value

    With Worksheets("Sheet2")
    .Range("A1").Resize(1, i - 1).Copy _
    Destination:=.Cells(thisDate - DateSerial(Year(thisDate), 1, 0)
    + 1, "B")
    End With

    RP

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Rob Gould
    Guest

    Re: Help with Macro please!

    Hi Bob,

    Thanks for that, but I can't seem to get it to work. This is probably
    because the example I gave was to illustrate the problem. The actual
    arrangement of my data is as follows:

    Data to copy is in cells G1:BH1 on the "Data" worksheet
    Date to use is in A4 on "Dates" worksheet
    Date range to look up date is E7:E377 on the "Data" worksheet
    Data to then be pasted in col G in row corresponding to date.

    Hope this helps you to help me!

    Rob