using alt-enter entry in 1st row hides col alphabet headings

  1. #1
    Stephen S
    Guest

    using alt-enter entry in 1st row hides col alphabet headings

    I create Row 1 headings in a number of Cols. (say A-F) with alt-enter to
    create 2 lines in each cell. The formular bar commences at about Col C. When
    I try to select whole Cols by clicking on any Col alphabet after C it is as
    if I selected a cell in Row 1 and the formula bar entry completely obscures
    the rest of the Col headings I want to select.(it has expanded to show the 2
    lines from the cell entry)
    Hope this makes sense - wish I could put in a screen shot

  2. #2
    Biff
    Guest

    using alt-enter entry in 1st row hides col alphabet headings

    Hi!

    Maybe temporarily NOT display the formula bar.

    Goto View>Formula Bar

    OR, to select C:J

    Hit F5

    Reference:

    C:J

    Biff

  3. #3
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: using alt-enter entry in 1st row hides col alphabet headings

    Here is some event code that I posted once before that does just that if any
    cell in row 1 is selected

    Application.EnableEvents = False
    On Error GoTo sub_exit
    If Not Intersect(Target, Rows(1)) Is Nothing Then
    Application.DisplayFormulaBar = False
    Else
    Application.DisplayFormulaBar = True
    End If