Default Drive Question

  1. #1
    Mel
    Guest

    I have read posts explaining why chdrive is needed to
    make sure the right drive is the default drive. Thanks,
    Messrs Peterson and Ogilvy. I have the following two
    lines of code, but the default drive used by the print
    statement in this case isn't affected by the chdrive
    statement. Any idea why? If I do a filesaveas command
    from file menu and save the file to the c drive then the
    PDF will go to that drive.

    chdrive "g"
    ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut Copies:=1,
    ActivePrinter:= _
    "Acrobat PDFWriter on G:\Pdf\*.pdf", Collate:=True

    The drive used for the creation of PDF file isn't
    affected by chdrive command. Any ideas?

  2. #2

    Re: Default Drive Question

    I don't know enough about Adobe and PDF's to be useful, but maybe this post by
    Jim Rech will lead you to an alternative solution:

    http://groups.google.co.uk/groups?th...%40tkmsftngp03

  3. #3
    Guest

    Re: Default Drive Question

    Thanks for your time. I looked at it and tried what it
    said, but my system doesn't have a PDFwritr.ini file or
    anything close. Maybe windows XP has this information set
    in a registry entry somewhere rathen and a .ini file.
    However, I guess its not important enough to pursue
    further since the solution probably won't be simple.
    Thanks again for your time.

    threadm=uqnWuLu4AHA.1908%40tkmsftngp03