Sum to Defined level

  1. #1
    Nate Walsh
    Guest

    Sum to Defined level

    I was wondering how I could add a column of numbers up to a defined level
    (250000.00) then add the remaining numbers in the column?

  2. #2
    Max
    Guest

    Re: Sum to Defined level

    One way to try ..

    Assume the col of numbers is in col A, A1 down

    Put in B1: =SUM($A$1:A1)
    Copy B1 down

    (Col B returns a cumulative sum)

    Put in C1: =SUMIF(B:B,"<=250000",A:A)
    Put in D1: =SUM(A:A)-C1

    C1 returns the cumulative sum of col A
    up to the defined level of 250000

    D1 returns the sum of the remaining numbers in col A

    You could also have C1 point to a cell instead
    for the defined level, say to cell E1:

    In C1: =SUMIF(B:B,"<="&E1,A:A)
    where E1 will contain, say: 250000

    --
    Rgds
    Max
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    CLR
    Guest

    Re: Sum to Defined level

    =IF(SUM(A:A)>250000,SUM(A:A)-250000,SUM(A:A))

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3