Schedule to exclude weekends and holidays

  1. #1
    Erin D.
    Guest

    Schedule to exclude weekends and holidays

    I am creating a schedule in Excel and would like to exclude weekends and
    holidays. The formula that I have tried, and does not work is:

    =workday(D3,-32)

    I want to pick up the date in D3 and add 32 days, but exclude weekends and
    holidays. Can anyone please help me with this?

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: Schedule to exclude weekends and holidays

    Hi Erin

    Use
    =NETWORKDAYS(D3,E3,N1:N12)

    Returns the number of whole working days between start_date and end_date. Working days exclude weekends and any dates identified in
    holidays. Use NETWORKDAYS to calculate employee benefits that accrue based on the number of days worked during a specific term.

    If this function is not available, and returns the #NAME? error, install and load the Analysis ToolPak add-in.

    See Help for examples

    --
    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl

  3. #3
    Domenic
    Guest

    Re: Schedule to exclude weekends and holidays

    Try...

    =WORKDAY(D3,32,A1:A10)

    ....where A1:A10 contains your list of holidays.

    Hope this helps!

    In article <[email protected]>,

  4. #4
    Ron Rosenfeld
    Guest

    Re: Schedule to exclude weekends and holidays

    On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 13:23:13 -0800, "Erin D." <Erin
    [email protected]> wrote:

    >I am creating a schedule in Excel and would like to exclude weekends and
    >holidays. The formula that I have tried, and does not work is:
    >
    >=workday(D3,-32)
    >
    >I want to pick up the date in D3 and add 32 days, but exclude weekends and
    >holidays. Can anyone please help me with this?
    >
    >Thanks!

    Your formula will subtract 32 workdays from the date in D3, excluding weekends.

    Check HELP for WORKDAY worksheet function.

    If you want to add days, and exclude holidays, then your "days" argument must
    be a positive number; and you must include the optional range "holidays".

    So your formula should read:

    =WORKDAY(D3,32,holidays)

    For "holidays" in the above, you may substitute either an array of holidays; a
    range (for example H1:H20) in which you have listed all of the holiday dates;
    or a named range that does the same.

    Since the formula should work, if it is not working, you will need to post the
    exact formula you are using; the contents of any cell references; the exact
    result that you obtain.

    --ron