Format a cell to display decimal hours.

  1. #1
    Fred Holmes
    Guest

    Format a cell to display decimal hours.

    How do I format a cell to display decimal hours?

    Instead of displaying 3:45 (for 3 hours, 45 minutes), which is one of
    the standard formats, I'd like to display 3.75 (hours). h.hh doesn't
    do it.

    The above is formatting for an elapsed time calculation (finish time
    minus start time). (On a "time card")

    Excel 2000. Will a later Excel do it for me?

    Some good source for a parsing function?

    Any good reference?

    Thanks,

    Fred Holmes

  2. #2
    galimi
    Guest

    RE: Format a cell to display decimal hours.

    Fred,

    Format the cell in #.## format and multiply your result by 24.

    http://HelpExcel.com

  3. #3
    Chip Pearson
    Guest

    Re: Format a cell to display decimal hours.

    You can't do it with a format alone. You'll need to multiply the
    time value by 24 and format as #0.00.

    --
    Cordially,
    Chip Pearson