how to exclude data outliers from formula or chart without deleti.

  1. #1
    Michael J
    Guest

    how to exclude data outliers from formula or chart without deleti.

    I have a data set with some outliers (blunders usually) that I want to
    temporarily exclude from formula or charts. I would like a way of
    "locking-out" these data cells. I could selectively skip over them but this
    is sometimes cumbersome. I need a way to toggle them in or out depending on
    my analysis.

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    England
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2007
    Hi!

    A comparatively easy, quick way would be to create a new copy of the workbook and delete the outliers. You might want to keep a record of what is deleted, but you can always go back to earlier version(s).

    Alf

  3. #3

    Re: how to exclude data outliers from formula or chart without deleti.

    If your data is in columns, maybe just use an additional column and use some
    kind of formula:

    =if(c2=somesortofoutlier,na(),c2)

    Where SomeSortOfOutlier is whatever rule you want.

  4. #4
    AlfD
    Guest

    Re: how to exclude data outliers from formula or chart without deleti.

    Hi!

    Easy way. Copy the workbook: delete the offending or suspect data. Work
    on that.

    Alf