Keyboard shortcut for "copy paste special values?"

  1. #1
    Star AJ
    Guest

    Keyboard shortcut for "copy paste special values?"

    I copy and paste-special values repeatedly. Is there a keyboard shortcut so
    that I don't have to point and click the mouse to "Edit" "Paste Special"
    "Values" each time?

  2. #2
    Jason Morin
    Guest

    Re: Keyboard shortcut for "copy paste special values?"

    I have the button attached to one of my toolbars.

    Go to View > Toolbars > Customize and click on the
    Command tab. In "Categories" click "Edit" and scroll down
    on the right to find "Paste Values". Drag it to one of
    your toolbars.

    HTH
    Jason
    Atlanta, GA

  3. #3
    ww
    Guest

    RE: Keyboard shortcut for "copy paste special values?"

    It might be a little more cumbersome but if you're like me
    and don't like to use the mouse you could do Alt>e>s>v>enter.

    My only other thought would be to record a macro to "paste
    special" and set it to you're own shortcut like ctrl+, or something.

  4. #4
    Scotland
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2010

    Re: Keyboard shortcut for "copy paste special values?"

    I know this thread is pretty old, but as it still links via web search I thought I would add this word of caution:

    If you use a macro you CANNOT UNDO!

    So if you find you have accidentally paste in the wrong place you would have to go back to your last saved version.

  5. #5
    Valued Forum Contributor adyteo's Avatar
    Calgary
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2010

    Re: Keyboard shortcut for "copy paste special values?"

    In case you are not interested in UNDO, you can assign this code to a button
    Click on the star if you think I helped you