Excel saving error

  1. #1
    FombyJambox
    Guest

    Excel saving error

    Error: 'The document was saved succcessfully, but Excel cannot re-open it
    because of a sharing violation. Please close the document and try to open it
    again.' Not sure what angle to take on this. She has full rights on the
    directory where the files are saved and it doesn't happen every time she
    works in one of the files.

  2. #2
    Sunil Jayakumar
    Guest

    Re: Excel saving error

    Try unsharing the workbook before saving.

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    FombyJambox
    Guest

    Re: Excel saving error

    Oh, I probably should have added that other people open the file in read only
    mode throughout the day because the need to view it constantly. The user also
    saves quite frenquently because the files is always being updated and she
    fears losing her work. I am not sure that unsharing will work under these
    circumstances.

  4. #4
    Sunil Jayakumar
    Guest

    Re: Excel saving error

    Sorry - i should have been more clear. You need to turn off the Excel
    Sharing from Tools->Share Workbook. this turns off the Excel file sharing,
    but not the NT file sharing,

    This does not affect users being able to open read-only copies as often as
    they need to.

  5. #5

    Re: Excel saving error

    Could it be this: