Change the low date range regional setting.

  1. #1
    genesearcher
    Guest

    Change the low date range regional setting.

    In genealogy I need to list the 4-digit year. I'm trying to create a
    spreadsheet that sorts on date. The low end of the date range in regional
    settings is 1930. I need to push this back to make excel recognize the older
    dates. How do I do it?

  2. #2

    Re: Change the low date range regional setting.

    Enter a 4 digit year when you enter the data.

    But excel doesn't see dates before January 1, 1900.

    John Walkenbach has an addin you may want to get if you're dealing with dates
    before 1900.

    http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/xdate.htm