Need a formula to determine the greater of a or b...

  1. #1
    sonyav
    Guest

    Need a formula to determine the greater of a or b...

    I need to compare 2 number and enter into a 3rd column the greater of the 2
    numbers.

  2. #2
    Paul B
    Guest

    Re: Need a formula to determine the greater of a or b...

    sonyav, how about something like this =MAX(A1:B1)
    --
    Paul B
    Using Excel 2002 & 2003

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    ww
    Guest

    RE: Need a formula to determine the greater of a or b...

    If you're comparing numbers from column A to a number in column B
    just enter =IF(A1>B1,A1,B1) in Column C