Rank

  1. #1
    John
    Guest

    Rank

    I Have a list of about 50 differnt numbers. The numbers are constantly
    changing. I need to figure out who many points behind the highest score is
    each individual cell.

    Example:

    a1=50
    a2=45
    a3=33
    a4=59

    So in column B i want to say that a1 is 9 points behind the leader. A2
    would be 14 points behind the leader.

    Any idea's?

  2. #2
    Trevor Shuttleworth
    Guest

    Re: Rank

    John

    in B1 put:

    =MAX(A:A)-A1

    and drag down.

    Regards

    Trevor

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Biff
    Guest

    Rank

    Hi!

    Try this in B1 and copy down as needed:

    =IF(A1=MAX(A$1:A$4),"Leader",MAX(A$1:A$4)-A1)

    Biff