How to make aging possible in Excel for an age trial balance shee.

  1. #1
    Anne L
    Guest

    How to make aging possible in Excel for an age trial balance shee.

    Can anyone help? I am trying to create an age trial balance sheet in Excel,
    however can't get it to age accordingly.

  2. #2
    Anne Troy
    Guest

    Re: How to make aging possible in Excel for an age trial balance shee.

    Hi, Anne.
    We'll need more information than that, such as what cells your due dates are
    in, how many days out they go before they're "aged" and how many agings you
    want, etc.
    *******************
    ~Anne Troy

    www.piersontech.com
    www.mrexcel.com

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Anne L
    Guest

    Re: How to make aging possible in Excel for an age trial balance s

    I want looking to make an age trial balance sheet base on account receivable
    for a company - they want it done in excel but I can't figure it out... How
    can I make an invoice for example aged accordingly for example invoice was
    created last month therefore within my aging it should fall into the 1-30
    days bucket..
    buckets 31-60 -> 61-90-> 91-120 -> over 120 days are the other buckets

  4. #4
    Anne Troy
    Guest

    Re: How to make aging possible in Excel for an age trial balance s

    Hi, Anne. http://www.vbaexpress.com/EE/aging.xls is a sample workbook I made
    for you to demonstrate three ways for you to do this. I am sure there are
    others.

    One method uses only one column, and using conditional formatting (with VBA
    code because there are more than 3 conditions) displays each over 30 days
    with a different cell color. The other shows X's in the column by using
    formulas. You could change X to any character you like. The 3rd shows how to
    display the "category" of days out using a long IF statement. Choose
    whichever method you like! Hope it helps!
    There ARE macros in the workbook, which must be enabled to see how the first
    method works when you enter a data in column A.
    ~Anne Troy

    www.piersontech.com
    www.mrexcel.com

    news:[email protected]...