extract data from a realtime updated cell

  1. #1
    ALVESM
    Guest

    extract data from a realtime updated cell

    hey how's everything? i've got a spreadsheet that is linked to reuters
    Xtra3000 and gets updated every 10s. my goal is to copy the value from a
    specific cell and paste it on some other cell. then after 10s repeat it,
    copying the same cell, but pasting it on a different one so i can come up
    with a series of values.
    afterwards i'd like to plot a chart based on the copied range of cells that
    gets updated as we go.
    can someone point out what should i be doing?
    thanks in adv,
    Miguel

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: extract data from a realtime updated cell

    Have you looked at either the Worksheet_Change event or the
    Worksheet_Calculate event?

    RP

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    ALVESM
    Guest

    Re: extract data from a realtime updated cell

    that's not how i want to do it- cheers anyway.
    i need to update every 10sec and if i'm to track changes i can only track in
    a 5min interval. the mean time is quite important since this refers to stock
    quotes and it does matter for a technical analyst
    can i do it using macros? i'm not familiar with any commands, but it would
    be a very simple macro: a cycle that copies a cell's value every ten secs and
    causes one other cell to assume that value. then after 10s the clycle reruns
    copying the same cell to the cell bellow the first copied one. maybe 2 cycles
    then, i guess.
    can you draw a simple macro structure? i'll learn more about it, after.

    t.i.a.,
    Miguel

  4. #4
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: extract data from a realtime updated cell

    Those events should fire when the worksheet updates.

  5. #5
    ALVESM
    Guest

    Re: extract data from a realtime updated cell

    can you fill me in on how to do it?
    i'm very much clueless
    cheers