Excel Password

  1. #1
    GK
    Guest

    Excel Password

    In a book I have bought recently there is included a Excel Spreadsheet
    that is free to use. It can be easily opened and used with Excel and I
    have tried this out at a friend.

    Now I do not use Excel as I use OpenOffice, which can read normally all
    Excel sheets.
    However I cannot open this Excel document with my Open Office as
    some cells within the document are overwriting protected which makes
    that Open Office cannot open this.

    Can anybody in the community remove the cell protection of the this file
    and send the file back to me.

    This is nothing illegeal, as the file has been included for free use,
    the protection has been done only to protect the users from alterating
    the complicated formulas within the file.
    I have spoken to the editor, they told me that they would help me
    however the person who has made it has left the company.

    I anybody could help me, please write directly to me:
    [email protected]

    I would send you by mail this simple file and you could return it to me.

    I hope that there is sombody who is familiar whith such things, I am
    not, I have this case first time and it would not make much use for me
    to investigate much time or effort in this.

    Thanks a lot,

    Gottfried Köhler

  2. #2
    bobf
    Guest

    Excel Password

    Excel Spreadsheet
    >that is free to use. It can be easily opened and used=20

    with Excel and I=20
    >have tried this out at a friend.
    >
    >Now I do not use Excel as I use OpenOffice, which can=20

    read normally all=20
    >Excel sheets.
    >However I cannot open this Excel document with my Open=20

    Office as
    >some cells within the document are overwriting protected=20

    which makes=20
    >that Open Office cannot open this.
    >
    >Can anybody in the community remove the cell protection=20

    of the this file=20
    >and send the file back to me.
    >
    >This is nothing illegeal, as the file has been included=20

    for free use,
    >the protection has been done only to protect the users=20

    from alterating=20
    >the complicated formulas within the file.
    >I have spoken to the editor, they told me that they would=20

    help me=20
    >however the person who has made it has left the company.
    >
    >I anybody could help me, please write directly to me:
    >[email protected]
    >
    >I would send you by mail this simple file and you could=20

    return it to me.

    >I hope that there is sombody who is familiar whith such=20

    things, I am=20
    >not, I have this case first time and it would not make=20

    much use for me=20
    >to investigate much time or effort in this.
    >
    >Thanks a lot,
    >
    >Gottfried K=F6hler
    >.
    >There are plenty of Excel password removal programs on=20

    the internet.

  3. #3
    GK
    Guest

    Re: Excel Password

    thanks,
    could you send me one that is free, as I would have to use this only
    once and never again, therefore it would make no use for me to buy a
    programm.
    Is there any free programm ?
    If you are familiar with this, could I mail you this one file only and
    you send it back to me ?

    Thanks,

    Gottfried Köhler

  4. #4
    Forum Expert dominicb's Avatar
    Lancashire, England
    MS-Off Ver
    MS Office 2000, 2003, 2007 & 2016 365
    Posts
    4,867

    Smile

    Good morning Gottfried

    Most of these are (particularly the free ones) are Excel add-ins, which, obviously you cannot use, as you use OpenOffice.

    I have an Excel add-in which will do such a job - e-mail me the file ([email protected]) and I will remove the protection and mail it back.

    HTH

    DominicB