Reduce size file

  1. #1
    tempêtje
    Guest

    Reduce size file

    An excel file suddenly grew from 5M to 16M when I pasted a link to a
    pivottable. Is there any way to reduce this filesize?

    Thanks,

    caroline

  2. #2
    Nick Hodge
    Guest

    Re: Reduce size file

    Caroline

    Per se. no. There is no way like Access to compact the data. It also
    depends on what you mean by link. It may help, if you are storing the data
    for quick refresh *with* the pivot table then try right clicking the table
    and selection 'Table Options'. You can then uncheck 'save data with table
    layout'...may help

    Nick Hodge
    Microsoft MVP - Excel
    Southampton, England
    [email protected]HIS

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    tempêtje
    Guest

    Re: Reduce size file

    Thanks Nick,

    But I didn't phrase my question properly. In fact, I pasted many times
    following formula in different worksheets - referring to another workbook
    with a pivottable.

    =IF(ISERROR(GETPIVOTDATA("Bedrag";'[analytisch.xls]Pivottable
    costs'!$A$3;"Reference";CONCATENATE($A$4;".";$A88;".";O$3)));0;GETPIVOTDATA("Bedrag";'[analytisch.xls]Pivottable
    costs'!$A$3;"Reference";CONCATENATE($A$4;".";$A88;".";O$3)))

    I already closed, opened, closed several times, but cannot manage to reduce
    the size. Any idea?