#NAME? error using EDATE

  1. #1
    Zimbob79
    Guest

    #NAME? error using EDATE

    Hi All,

    I have a situation where I upgraded a computer from Win98 to WinXP and now
    Excel 2000 files using EDATE for amortization schedule generates #NAME?
    error. For example: =EDATE(B14,1) generates #NAME? error where cell B14 has
    any date in it. This used to work before, but now doesn't work on other
    computers with Windows XP Pro and Excel 2000 either. Any ideas on how to
    solve this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

    John Zimmermann

  2. #2
    Bernard Liengme
    Guest

    Re: #NAME? error using EDATE

    EDATE is in AnalysisPac. You need to install it (when installing Excel) and
    load it with Tools | Addins
    best wishes
    --
    Bernard V Liengme
    www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Jason Morin
    Guest

    Re: #NAME? error using EDATE

    You need to have the Analysis ToolPak installed. Go to
    Tools > Add-Ins. Once installed, press F9.

    HTH
    Jason
    Atlanta, GA