Mail merge (Word97) only importing 1st 85 rows of info from Excel

  1. #1
    Kali Carringer
    Guest

    Mail merge (Word97) only importing 1st 85 rows of info from Excel

    I have over 200 client names etc to merge into a Word97 doc, but the merge
    only picks up the first 85 clients. How do I get the rest of my clients
    included?

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Mail merge (Word97) only importing 1st 85 rows of info from Excel

    Kali

    For help on Word mail merge using Excel as the data source.

    http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMe...AMailMerge.htm

    http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMe...DataSource.htm

    And a training tutorial for creating envelopes and labels.

    http://office.microsoft.com/training...RC010390291033

    May be something at these sites to give you an idea or two.

    Are you running some sort of query on the data?

    Are all the names on one sheet? Excel 97 needed the merge data on the first
    sheet of the workbook. It had trouble with named ranges.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

  3. #3
    KaliCit
    Guest

    Re: Mail merge (Word97) only importing 1st 85 rows of info from Ex

    Gord,
    I looked at the 3 links you provided and saw nothing out of the ordinary
    with my Excel spreadsheet (data source).

    In answer to your other questions:
    I was not running any query on the data. Although using a filter, "all" rows
    were displayed.

    All the data needed is on the first tab of the workbook.

    Would it help if I emailed you my data and the Word doc, so you could SEE my
    problem. (I'm a very visual person.)

    Thank you.
    Kali

  4. #4
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Mail merge (Word97) only importing 1st 85 rows of info from Ex

    Kali

    Email to me, do not post to the NG.

    Change the AT and DOT appropriately.

    Gord