label

  1. #1
    agenda9533
    Guest

    label

    I want to assign names (labels) instead absolute references in formula.

    For constant and non-constaht values.

    Example,
    Underserving contacts (non-CSS) 500 --constant

    Under- serving incidents
    --non-constant
    19.90049751
    44.776
    22.388
    17.910

    I've tried Insert/Name/Define,Create,Apply but it didn't work. Please,
    suggest.

  2. #2
    Significent
    Guest

    RE: label

    Unless I'm not understanding your example, there doesn't seem to be anything
    special about what you're trying to do. Assuming you assign names to each of
    the cells, be sure to put an equal sign in front of the calculation you're
    attempting.

    Example: You've named three cells name1, name2, and name3 respectively and
    typed a value into each. Now let's say you want to multiply the field values
    together. The cell containing the formula should read =name1*name2*name3

    Does this address your issue?

  3. #3
    agenda9533
    Guest

    RE: label

    Thank you for you answer.
    So, I need to TYPE names in formula....
    I thought if I assigned names they would be populated/applyed automatically
    in all cells comtained formula.
    Was I wrong?

  4. #4
    Significent
    Guest

    RE: label

    Sorry, I forgot to request notification of replys (done now). I think you
    have it. Name a cell that changes or is static, then use the name anywhere
    in your spreadsheet, including other formulae. If this is still not clear,
    maybe you can e-mail me an example of what you trying to do.

  5. #5
    Significent
    Guest

    RE: label

    Perhaps this answers your questions (it's right out of help):

    You can use the labels of columns and rows on a worksheet to refer to the
    cells within those columns and rows. Or you can create descriptive names to
    represent cells, ranges of cells, formulas, or constant values. Labels can be
    used in formulas that refer to data on the same worksheet; if you want to
    represent a range on another worksheet, use a name.