Compare two spreadsheets to find differences.

  1. #1
    Toby
    Guest

    Compare two spreadsheets to find differences.

    Problem: I work with two spreadsheets daily in which I need to compare two
    columns and extract, note or highlight differences. First worksheet has that
    days sales order numbers, which is then sent to our warehouse for shipping.
    Second spreadsheet is sent back from warehouse with sales order numbers and
    their respective tracking numbers.

    Issue: Occassionaly sales orders slip through and don't get shipped. I need
    to compare both spreadsheets and find the sales order numbers on the 1st
    sheet that don't appear on the 2nd sheet and therefore, didn't ship.

    Can anyone spell UNHAPPY CUSTOMER?

    Solution: Would like a command or formula that will compare sales order
    colums in both spreadsheets and extract those numbers that didn't ship to a
    3rd spreadsheet.

    Thanks,

    Toby

  2. #2

    Smile

    do a Vlookup between the 2 sheets. Anything that has a result of #N/A is not on the second sheet. you can then cut them and put them on a spearate sheet.

    assuming your sales order number is in cell A1 on both spreadsheets, here is your formula:

    =vlookup(a1,[sheet2]!$A$1:$A$65536,1,false)

    put this on sheet one. The name in [ ] is the name of your 2nd spreadsheet.

    paste it down the length of the spreadsheet.

    Hope this helps.

  3. #3

    Re: Compare two spreadsheets to find differences.

    See one reply at your first post.