Excel gets subtotals out of order using multiple sorts and subtot.

  1. #1
    jeffl
    Guest

    Excel gets subtotals out of order using multiple sorts and subtot.

    When you use multiple sorts of subgroups to subgroups to subgroups. In prior
    Excel versions subtotlas of the biggest groups would be subtotaled first and
    you had to choose "Replace Subtotals". After that you unchecked "Replace
    Subtotals" when subtotaling subgroups. The cosmetic problem is that it puts
    the subgroup's total below the main group's subtotal. The subtotals are
    correct, but printing in the wrong order. This is common to the software and
    is different than earlier versions of Excel. We have multiple users
    experiencing the same problem in Excel 2003 that didn't in 2000. Also if
    there is only one line in a subgroup it will print the full line instead of
    the summation name and total when printing in subtotals only mode.

  2. #2

    Re: Excel gets subtotals out of order using multiple sorts and subtot.

    maybe...

    Multilevel subtotals are in the wrong position in Excel 2002 and in Excel 2003