How do I set up excel to make estimating(pricing) easier?

  1. #1
    Ann from CCC
    Guest

    How do I set up excel to make estimating(pricing) easier?

    I am trying to find out how to use excel as a estimating or pricing program.
    Does anyone know how to do this?

  2. #2
    L. Howard Kittle
    Guest

    Re: How do I set up excel to make estimating(pricing) easier?

    Hi Ann,

    I can send you a simple (fake) sample worksheet of pricing out the cost of
    manufacturing and shipping a washing machine. It may help you to get
    going. It uses drop down lists and VLOOKUP formulas to estimate the price
    of different options and shipping prices based on different zones.

    Regards,
    Howard

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: How do I set up excel to make estimating(pricing) easier?

    Ann

    See if any of these MS Templates will do the trick.

    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/re...Query=estimate

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

  4. #4
    Ann from CCC

    "L. Howard Kittle" wrote:

    > Hi Ann,
    >
    > I can send you a simple (fake) sample worksheet of pricing out the cost of
    > manufacturing and shipping a washing machine. It may help you to get
    > going. It uses drop down lists and VLOOKUP formulas to estimate the price
    > of different options and shipping prices based on different zones.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Howard
    >
    > "Ann from CCC" <Ann from [email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > >I am trying to find out how to use excel as a estimating or pricing
    > >program.
    > > Does anyone know how to do this?

    > I would appreciate the help. You can send it to [email protected]

    Thanks,
    Ann

  5. #5
    scott
    Guest

    RE: How do I set up excel to make estimating(pricing) easier?

    Hi Ann,

    I am an estimator...and we used to use excel as our template.....if
    interested you may email me for more details.

    Scott

    [email protected]

  6. #6
    scott
    Guest

    RE: How do I set up excel to make estimating(pricing) easier?

    Ann

    Opps..sent comments to [email protected]

    sorry

  7. #7
    scott
    Guest

    RE: How do I set up excel to make estimating(pricing) easier?

    Geez .......

    My correct email is....

    [email protected]

    sorry again!!!!