how do i seperate data from one column into two seperate ones in .

  1. #1
    Nikki
    Guest

    how do i seperate data from one column into two seperate ones in .

    how would i seperate the data below (which is currently in one column) into
    two seperate columns based on date/time?

    2/16/2005 1:09:09 PM

  2. #2
    bj
    Guest

    RE: how do i seperate data from one column into two seperate ones in .

    try <data><text to columns> using space as your delimitor

  3. #3
    North Florida

    seperating a date time into 2 columns

    I may be off base but assuming column A contains dates in the form of 2/16/2005 1:09:09 PM and you want it to show up in column A and B column A containing 2/16/2005 and column B to contain 1:09:09 PM you could do the following using custom format
    SELECT column A cells you wish to format and
    format Cell Custom as m/d/yyyy
    SELECT column B cells you wish to format and
    format Cell Custom as h:mm:ss AM/PM

    say your range of cells was A3:A10
    now place in column B3 place formula =A3 copy formula down to end of range
    column A3 column B3
    2/16/2005 1:09:09 PM

    Hope this is helpfull FD
    FD

  4. #4
    C&S
    Guest

    RE: how do i seperate data from one column into two seperate ones

    copy the text and then select paste special and select space delineated.